The first book to shed light on the critical role the melt delivery system plays in successful injection molding. This book will give you an immediate leg up by reducing mold commissioning times, increasing productivity, improving customer satisfaction, and achieving quality goals such as Six Sigma.
How do you determine the optimum design of your runners and gates; what type of runner system (hot or cold variations) do you use for a specific application; how do you identify molding problems generated by the gate and runner vs. those stemming from other molding issues; what should you consider when selecting a gating location? The "Runner and Gate Design Handbook" will give you the means to get to the bottom of these issues as well as provide specific guidelines for process optimization and troubleshooting.
Aus dem Inhalt
- Plastic Melt Characteristics
- The Melt Delivery System (MDS)
- Understanding and Addressing Shear Induced Melt Variations
- The Runner as a Process Aid (Melt Management Technologies)
- The Process of Selecting Cold vs. Hot Runner Molds
- Cold Runner Molds
- Hot Runner Molds
- Gating Locations
- Gate and Runner Related Molding Problems
- Injection Molding Simulation
- Trouble Shooting Guide
- Engineering and Cost Formulas
Diesem Produkt sind folgende ISBN bzw. Artikelnummern zugeordnet: