The author presents single screw extrusion technology together with the relevant polymer fundamentals, with an emphasis on screw design. The presentation begins on a physical level, providing an in-depth conceptual understanding, followed by an analytical level with mathematical models. Practical applications of the mathematical models are illustrated by numerous examples. A brief description of twin screw extrusion technology is also presented.
The second edition includes new chapters on die design, elastic effects in melt flow, and a new type of single-screw extruder with channeled barrel as well as improvements and corrections of the first edition.
Aus dem Inhalt
- Physical Description of Single Screw Extrusion
- Fundamentals of Polymers and Melt Rheology
- Theory of Single-Screw Extrusion and Scale-Up
- Screw Design and High Performance Screws
- Gear Pumps, Static Mixers, and Dynamic Mixers
- Physical Description of Twin-Screw Extruders
- Die Design
- Elastic Effects in Melt Flow
- Special Single-Screw Extruder with Channeled Barrel
Diesem Produkt sind folgende ISBN bzw. Artikelnummern zugeordnet: